North American Antler: Just the Facts
Chewing is a healthy & natural activity and dogs love to chew!
Why is antler so good for dogs to chew?
Key Benefits with Details:
- North American Antler is 100% natural and full of nutrition providing a healthy source of calcium and essential minerals.
- North American Antler is long lasting, when the proper antler size and strength of antler is selected for the dog, an antler should last 4-6 weeks and sometimes months!
- Antlers are low calorie and are perfect for dogs with allergies or stomach sensitivities
- Antlers do not chip or splinter like bone
- Antlers are excellent for cleaning the plaque and tarter build up on dog’s teeth. One antler will make a dramatic difference of removing years of plaque & tarter build up.
- Clean Chew – No Odour, No Mess, Will not stain…Says it all.
- AS WITH ANY INGESTIBLE, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND NEVER LEAVING YOUR PET UNATTENDED WITH THE ANTLER & DISCARDING THE PRODUCT IF YOUR PET ATTEMPTS TO SWALLOW WHOLE
ANTLER FACTS – NEED TO KNOW
- Once the antler is shed (Spring Time) the antler will immediately begin to grow back and will be back in full rack within the first 3-4 months.
- No animals are harmed in producing our antler chew items.
- Urban Dog Products only uses 100% naturally shed North American Antler
- Antler is 100% natural and is a renewable and sustainable product
- Antler is biodegradable
- All animals in the wild love to nibble on antlers that they are fortunate to find in the wilderness, from the porcupines to the coyotes and everything in between.
- One of the best tricks of the trade to know for selecting the perfect antler for your dog is to always look at the cut end of the antler (see picture) and the white ring specifically that surrounds the marrow middle…So the thicker the white ring (which is all calcium) around the marrow, the stronger more challenging of an antler chew. Perfect for the strong chewer, too challenging for an older dog or a dog that is not a strong chewer. They would need a much thinner calcified ring. The beauty of antler is every piece is different and unique in its own way. There are no two pieces of antler that are the same!
This image shows a very thick white calcified ring which would result in a Strong Antler Suitable for a Large Strong Chewing Dog!